by admin | Mar 11, 2022 | Uncategorized
(2) Only if you can tolerate the content, it is important to review the lecture on Rape Trauma
Syndrome before watching the documentary. You should also read the description and symptoms of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual 5.
(3) After reviewing the lecture that is posted on D2L, please watch the video “The Invisible War” (directed by Kirby Dick) only if you can tolerate the content. Again, if this documentary serves as a trigger or creates too much distress – you will not be penalized if you are unable to watch it. This video is on “course reserve” at the library. Please refer to the section entitled “Documentary Learning Series” on D2L.
(4) If you are unable to retrieve the video from the library, it is available on Amazon. You may also try Netflix or Youtube.
(5) Reflect on the parallels between Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and Rape
Trauma Syndrome (RTS). Also, focus attention on the variety of interventions documented in the lecture to include medications to prevent diseases and pregnancy.
(6) You will not be penalized if you do not want to read or accept the medical interventions in response to pregnancy covered in the PowerPoint.
(7) Please write a one to two-page paper (not in APA format) expressing your thoughts and feelings after reviewing the lecture and the footage. Please do not write more than two pages. You may express any thoughts or feelings about anything you have read in the lecture or reviewed in the footage. There is no right or wrong way to express your feelings about the military, your criticism, likes or dislikes.You will not be penalized for expressing your feelings or thoughts. Your paper should reflect a level of knowledge
showing that you have read and reflected on the power point lecture. Please “try” to submit your paper no later than 9:00 A.M. on Thursday (June 18, 2020).
(8) If you have a problem submitting the reflection paper by the deadline, you will not be penalized. Simply inform me via email when you will do so.
(9) Veterans and currently serving soldiers in the class – your experiences in the military
may be different or you may have much more to express regarding the topic. Please, do not hesitate to share your thoughts and feelings in your pap
by admin | Mar 11, 2022 | Uncategorized
Health Promotion, Chronic and Acute Illness Paper
The purpose of this Assignment is for you to gain an understanding of health promotion, screening, diagnosis, and management of common women’s health acute and chronic illnesses and to compare and contrast common versus nontraditional treatment modalities.
- Select one acute and one chronic women’s health issue (e.g., urinary tract infection and osteoporosis).
- Describe and outline the issue, prevalence, and significance.
- Describe health promotion and screening for each issue.
- Outline diagnostic tests or laboratories needed for each issue. Elaborate on what you would expect or anticipate in the diagnostic testing with each illness you choose.
- List and describe common treatment or management modalities for each issue.
- Discuss patient education and follow up that is needed for each issue.
- Identify health screening and promotion needs for women across the lifespan specific to the chronic illness.
- For each selected issue, compare and contrast traditional versus nontraditional treatment options.
- Examine how you would collaborate with other members of the health care team for best practice.
by admin | Mar 9, 2022 | Uncategorized
Writing Assignment 5 – Technology and Interpersonal Communication
For this assignment, you will look at your most recent social media post of you AND someone who is either a friend, a family member, or a teammate/social relationship/professional relationship (in other words, the photo must contain you and another person with whom you have regular contact). Please Note – If you do not use social media, find a most recent picture of yourself with either a friend, family member, or teammate/social relationship/professional relationship (within the last year).
Create an APA formatted essay meeting the following guidelines:
1 Include a title page that meets APA citation standards
1 Answer the following questions on pages 2 – 4 (essay section must be 2 pages long):
◦ Write your responses in paragraph format; each paragraph should be indented five spaces to the right
◦ Make sure you use complete sentences, proper grammar, and correct punctuation
◦ Describe the occasion of the social media post or photo of you and the other person.
◦ Define proxemics, kinesics, artifacts, and haptics; describe how each concept applies to the image.
◦ Name and define the three stages of perception; explain what other people looking at the social media post might perceive about the image of you and the person.
◦ Explain how mediated communication impacts the communication between you and the person in the image.
◦ Discuss the types of mediated communication that you and the person in the image use to communicate.
◦ Define chronemics and how it applies to the way mediated communication occurs between you and the person in the image (i.e., do you communicate multiple times per day, do you expect to a response within a certain amount of time, etc.).
◦ Find two (2) different sources on the internet that discuss benefits and disadvantages of mediated communication (i.e., text messaging, cellphones, social media, etc.) in interpersonal relationships.
◦ Find two (2) different sources on the internet that discuss how to use mediated communication effectively in interpersonal relationships.
◦ Name two things you plan to do when it comes to using technology to enhance the quality of your interpersonal communication with the person in the image you discussed earlier in this assignment (****Please note, indicating that your communication is already good and there is nothing new you can do is not an acceptable response to this prompt; you will not receive credit for that answer).
2 The references page should list the four (4) different sources and comply with APA standards.
by admin | Sep 29, 2020 | Uncategorized
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!